Here at the NESC, we feel very strongly about the importance of operator training and education for the health of our nation's water systems. Our technical assistance specialists can answer specific questions and provide assistance about such drinking water and wastewater issues as regulatory requirements for small drinking water systems, financing options, contaminants, and more.
We Offer Technical Assistance
- Do you have a technical question? We can help. Call us toll free at (304) 293-4191. or e-mail email@example.com.
- Tech Brief Fact Sheet: Basic Water and Wastewater Formulas by Zane Satterfield, P. E., NESC Engineering Scientist, On Tap magazine, Winter 2008 - Operators obtaining or maintaining their certification must be able to calculate complex formulas and conversion factors. This "Tech Brief" provides basic examples of these formulas and conversion factors.
- Public Health (Safe Drinking Water Act) | Water Conservation (Educate the Consumer)
Drinking Water Tools
- Ask the Drinking Water Experts
- Capacity Development Center for Small Drinking Water Systems
- Tech Brief Fact Sheets - Written for drinking water professionals, these fact sheets provide concise, technical information about a drinking water treatment technology or issues relevant to small systems.
- On Tap magazine - OT informs people about technical, financial, operations and maintenance, management, source water protection, and health issues relevant to small drinking water systems. Each issue includes "Tech Brief's."
- Onsite Wastewater Regulations and System Resources - NESC encourages the proper use of alternative, onsite and wastewater treatment technologies to protect public health, ensure water quality, and sustain the environment in small and rural communities. This resource was formed to educate and assist in the development and management of these systems.
- Small Flows magazine - This NESC publication features news, technical, and educational articles. Topics cover a variety of small community wastewater issues, including treatment technologies, regulations, and finance. Included as an insert are peer-reviewed research journal articles.